WHAT ARE THE POWERS, DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS OF MANAGING
COMMITTEE IN HOUSING SOCIETY ?
Subject To The Directions Given Or Regulation Made In The Meeting Of The
General Body Of The Society, The Committee Shall Exercise All Powers Expressly
Conferred On It And Discharge All Functions Entrusted To It Including: -
- To Consider Acceptance of Deposit And Raising Of Loans.
- To Consider And Recommend To The Meeting Of The General Body, The Rates Of
Contribution To The Repairs And Maintenance Fund And Sinking Fund.
- To Consider All Matters Relating To The Creation, Investment And Utilization Of The
Repairs And Maintenance Fund, Reserved Fund And Sinking Fund.
- To Consider And Decide The Resignations Received From Members, Associate
Members And Nominal Members.
- To Ensure That Nominations And Revocations Thereof Recorded In The Minutes Of
The Meeting of The Committee.
- To Take Action on The Report Of The Secretary On Inspection Of The Flats.
- To Take Action on Cases of Cessation of Membership, Including Associate And
- To Consider & Decide The Applications For Various Purpose/S Received By
- To Consider And Decide Cases of Refund of Shares And Interest In The Capital/
Property Of The Society Where The Shares And Interest In The Capital/Property Are
Acquired By The Society.
- To Fix The Rate of Insurance Premium In Respect of Commercial Use Of The Flats.
- To Fix In Respect of Every Flat The Societies Charges On The Basis of The
Proportion Laid Down Under The Bye-Laws.
- To Receive The Position of Recovery of The Charges Due To Society From
Members And To Initiate Action Against Defaulting Members.
- To Verify Compliance of The Provisions Relating To Charging of Interest On
Defaulted Charges of The Society.
- To Authorize A Member of The Committee To Attest Deed of Conveyance, Share
Certificates And Any Other Documents To Which The Seal of The Society Is Affixed.
- To Issue Letters of Allotment of Flats To Those Who Have Purchased Flats From
- To Ensure Holding of Every AGM Within The Prescribed Period.
- To Ensure That All Maters Required To Be Considered At An Annual Meeting of The
General Body Are Kept On The Agenda of The Meeting.
- To Call A Special Meeting of The General Body When Required.
- To Arrange For Election of A New Committee Prior To The Expiry of The Period of
The Existing Committee.
- To Elect Office Bearers of The Society & To Fill In Vacancies of The Committee.
- To Ensure That The Meeting of The Committee Is Held Once In A Month.
- To Consider Resignation of Member of Committee & office Bearers of The Society.
- To Obtain Securities From The Paid Employees of The Society.
- To Approve The Audit Rectification Reports of Statutory And Internal Audits And To
Forward Them To The Authorities Concern.
- To Execute Deed of Conveyance of The Land And Building/S Thereon.
- To Take Step To Maintain The Property of Society In Good Condition And To Carry
Out Repairs To It And Renewals Thereof. & To Ensure The Property of The Society.
- To Suggest To The General Body Meeting The Rates of Penalty For Breaches of
Bye-Laws And To Issue Show Cause Notice.
- To Regulate Operation of Lift of The Society.
- To Suggest The Meeting of General Body The Games To Be Allowed To Be Played
In Society. To Consider And Decide Any Other Matter Provided Under The Act, The
Rules And The Bye-Laws of The Society But Not Expressly Indicated Herein Above.